SABC terminates DJ Fresh’s contract with immediate effect
After 3 weeks of being off-air due to foul language, the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) on Tuesday 9th 2019 announced a termination of Metro FM’s breakfast show headliner, Thato Sikwane also known as DJ Fresh’s contract with immediate effect.
“Mr Sikwane was afforded an opportunity to remedy his contractual breaches, which he failed and/or refused to do. This conduct resulted in the irretrievable breakdown of the trust relations between the SABC and himself,” the statement read.
The broadcaster said the termination followed unsuccessful engagements between SABC Radio management and DJ Fresh, subsequent to his usage of offensive language on-air.
- Why Dj Kwame is taking over 2020! - May 22, 2020
- Lerato Kganyago and Hubby Part Ways 💔 - May 14, 2020
- Here’s how to apply for the COVID-19 R350 Social Relief of Distress Special Grant - May 11, 2020
- AKA announces new content hub #AKATV - May 6, 2020
- Ticketpro launches Covid-Zero Online Platform - May 4, 2020