Sjava removed from the DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards nominations
Singer and Rapper Sjava has been removed from the upcoming DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards 2020 nomination. He was nominated for favourite music artist and on the best song category for Umama.
“The DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards has decided to withdraw the nomination of local artist Jabulani Hadebe popularly known as Sjava, from this year’s awards,”
“This as a result of an ongoing investigation into the local performer by the authorities.
“The decision to remove Sjava’s eligibility, including cancelling his performance at the awards is not one that has been made lightly, but we believe is in the best interest of all parties concerned.” said Reggy Moalusi, executive head of corporate affairs at MultiChoice South Africa.
This follows a case alleging rape and abuse that was levelled against Sjava by fellow musician and former girlfriend, Lady Zamar.
- Masego leaked Nude Video - April 1, 2020
- Sjava removed from the DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards nominations - March 5, 2020
- Nasty C confirms upcoming ‘Zulu Man with some Power’ 16 tracks Album - February 21, 2020
- Castle Lite Unlocks 2020 | The Coolest Event of the Year - February 21, 2020
- Chicco Twala Hands Son to the Diepkloof Police Station For Stealing - January 10, 2020
- Nasty C confirms upcoming ‘Zulu Man with some Power’ 16 tracks Album
- South African rapper Naledi Skyes raises the bar with “Qonda”