Sjava removed from the DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards nominations
Singer and Rapper Sjava has been removed from the upcoming DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards 2020 nomination. He was nominated for favourite music artist and on the best song category for Umama.
“The DStv Mzansi Viewers’ Choice Awards has decided to withdraw the nomination of local artist Jabulani Hadebe popularly known as Sjava, from this year’s awards,”
“This as a result of an ongoing investigation into the local performer by the authorities.
“The decision to remove Sjava’s eligibility, including cancelling his performance at the awards is not one that has been made lightly, but we believe is in the best interest of all parties concerned.” said Reggy Moalusi, executive head of corporate affairs at MultiChoice South Africa.
This follows a case alleging rape and abuse that was levelled against Sjava by fellow musician and former girlfriend, Lady Zamar.
- Why Dj Kwame is taking over 2020! - May 22, 2020
- Lerato Kganyago and Hubby Part Ways 💔 - May 14, 2020
- Here’s how to apply for the COVID-19 R350 Social Relief of Distress Special Grant - May 11, 2020
- AKA announces new content hub #AKATV - May 6, 2020
- Ticketpro launches Covid-Zero Online Platform - May 4, 2020
- Nasty C confirms upcoming ‘Zulu Man with some Power’ 16 tracks Album
- South African rapper Naledi Skyes raises the bar with “Qonda”