Here’s how to apply for the COVID-19 R350 Social Relief of Distress Special Grant
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) has opened the process for applications of the R350 Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant for unemployed community members.
Applicants must be:
- Above the age of 18;
- Not receiving any income;
- Not receiving any social grant;
- Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
- Not be receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme; and
- Not resident in a government funded or subsidised institution.
Prospective applicants will need to provide the following compulsory information for processing of their applications:
- Identity Number
- Name and surname as captured in the ID (and initials);
- Gender and disability
- Banking details – bank name and account number
- Contact details – cell phone number
- Residential address
An applicant can send a WhatsApp message to 082 0468 553 or USSD line (sms) *134*7737# or e-mail to SRD@sassa.gov.za. Alternatively, you can visit this link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/auth for a quick online application.
“Over time, we will be able to extend support to those people who will not have access to technology. It is very important to note that for us to deliver a service that is efficient; we are going have to use technology even in areas that are far flung. We are going to get people to offer support in those areas,” SASSA Chief Executive Officer Busisiwe Memela-Khambula said.
- Why Dj Kwame is taking over 2020! - May 22, 2020
- Lerato Kganyago and Hubby Part Ways 💔 - May 14, 2020
- Here’s how to apply for the COVID-19 R350 Social Relief of Distress Special Grant - May 11, 2020
- AKA announces new content hub #AKATV - May 6, 2020
- Ticketpro launches Covid-Zero Online Platform - May 4, 2020